Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
This position will perform testing of Wireless LAN (WLAN) switching/access point products employing advanced security.
- Design, develop and execute network test solutions for wireless infrastructure products, including scripts for automated regression testing.
- Identify, reproduce, characterize and log bugs. Verify fixes for bugs and plan/execute additional tests needed for fix verification.
- Execute performance, interoperability, and scaling tests. Analyze failures and defects, and recommend corrective actions.
- Proactively work with engineers debugging software and hardware solutions during new product development. Engineer must have good interpersonal communications and be able to understand a technological problem set and describe the situation under test to fellow software team members.
- Engineer must be self-motivated and passionate about software testing and be thorough and detail oriented.
- Candidate must be able to learn new technologies quickly. Set up customer configurations and test at System and Solution level.
Education - BS EE/CS required
5+ years of L2 & L3 feature and protocol testing.
Must have experience of Functional & Feature Testing as well as System Testing.
- Strong knowledge of L2 (Bridging, STP, MSTP, RSTP, 802.1q, 802.3ad) , L3 (Routing, RIP, OSPF) and Security (IP Sec, Firewall, IDS, NAC)
- Strong knowledge with System Test – L2/L3, performance, scalability testing
- Excellent network administration skills are necessary. Need to setup test environments with Linux based systems using Radius AAA, DHCP, etc. for local test devices.
- Ability to automate is a plus (Perl/Tcl)
- Excellent test methodology skills in software testing. Creative approach to isolating problem areas involving multiple hardware and software variables.
- Knowledge of 802.11 / WiFi technologies, with specific focus on Access Points and Wireless Switches is a plus. Wireless Sniffer experience is desirable.
- Experience using network monitoring and analysis tools to debug Ethernet/IP layer problems.
- CCIE, CCIE Security a plus.
Motorola Solutions - 22 months ago