Primary responsibility for directing day-to-day activities and performing complex tasks related to title operations.
Examine and/or oversee examination of titles from moderate to
advanced complexity to determine status or to establish title
Ensure timely and accurate preparation and distribution of
preliminary title reports and final title insurance policies to buyers,
lenders and agents
Examine deeds, deeds of trust, mortgages, easements, power of
attorneys (POAs), judgments, tax assessments, mineral
reservations and other applicable instruments
Review documentation for tracking property/land sales and
acquisitions for title base and property tax purposes
Review new technical notices, codebooks and requirements from
underwriters and make adjustments to software and procedures
Identify title defects and coordinate corrective action
Prepare policy issuance reports, working directly with Underwriting
Agent to ensure compliance
Serve as a liaison to the homebuilder land department for all
matters relating to subdivisions.
Oversee workflow process within department. Implement
operations policies, procedures and objectives
Ensure adherence to department budget
Perform other duties as assigned
(LEVEL, MENTOR, COACH, FEEDBACK)
(May or may not have direct reports depending on size of organization)
With Direct Reports:
Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs.
Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build
- Delegates work according to employee's abilities and skills.
- Evaluates employee's performance and plans for
- compensation actions in accordance with that performance.
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of
- internal and external training opportunities.
- Creates opportunities for employee growth.
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership
- standards (technical skills and behaviors).
(decision making, size of organization, budgetary, etc.)
Decision Impact: Division
Department Responsibility: Single
Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
Direct Reports: Yes
Indirect Reports: No
Physical Requirements: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25
pounds; and on occasions up to 50 pounds
• Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
• Associates Degree preferred
• State Licensed Title Agent (if applicable)
(work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.)
• Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years related experience
• Minimum of 2 years Underwriting experience
• Familiarity with title searching software preferred, such as DataTree, DATA
Trace, FASTSearch, etc.
• Comprehensive knowledge of local regulatory title insurance laws and
• Ability to analyze and interpret complex legal documents and
• Ability to prioritize conflicting demands and meet customer needs with
• Effective communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
• Knowledge of real estate law and title and escrow curative procedures
All employees must be committed to fair and nondiscriminatory lending, in conformity with the Equal Credit Opportunity and Fair Housing acts, and to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies. Employees must act responsibly in their efforts to provide financial services to Pulte customers and to provide support to Pulte’s core purposes.
PulteGroup, Inc - 18 months ago