has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Tampa, FL staff as a Senior Transportation/Transit Planner. In this role you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge of transportation and transit planning to a variety of planning projects throughout the state of Florida and company-wide. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of successfull FDOT and FTA projects.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- May function as lead planner or technical consultant working with clients, the Florida Department of Transportation and the Federal Transit Administration.
- Defines scope of project, with full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating planning projects.
- Coordinates preparation of technical reports and project submissions.
- Participates in negotiations with clients.
- Monitors work progress and conformance to technical standards and regulations.
- Manages planning projects for budget compliance, deadlines and quality control.
- Prepares planning and site design concepts for special clients, governmental agency or commission hearings.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Planning or a related field.
- Our ideal candidate will have 12 to 15 years of experience.
- AICP Certification is preferred.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills are required at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees.
- Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an established career in transit and transportation planning, specific to transit and transportation planning and development projects.
- Experience in emerging trends in transit, multi-modal service planning, and transportation planning is required.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Atkins - 13 months ago
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...