Sr. Treasury Analyst - Madison, NC
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Sr. Treasury Analyst in our Madison, NC location.
The treasury analyst position will be responsible for working with the Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer and staff to develop a detailed reporting and forecasting models including cash flow and hedging.
This position will collaborate with various cross functional teams including but limited to Finance, Accounting, Customer Service and IT to identify data sources and establish key measures to track and manage business processes that drive the order to cash cycle.
- Support cash forecasting process by collaborating with the Treasury team and business owners to develop and maintain a daily/weekly/monthly cash forecast model
- Leverage findings from the cash forecasting modeling for development and tracking of operational metrics to improve the cash cycle by driving increase visibility and accountability throughout the organization.
- Support external reporting and ad hoc responses to lender/investor questions.
- Work with various banks in the bank group to purchase commodity hedging contracts per company policy
- Develop and maintain financial schedules to track company hedging exposure
- Prepare hedging reconciliations and quarterly correlation and effectiveness analysis for external audit
- Prepare FASB ASC 815 (FAS 133) documentation for all hedging transactions
- Review/reconcile pension statements.
- Prepare pension documentation for external audits
- Partner with IT and operational resources to leverage the Business Data Warehouse to facilitate forecasting, performance measurement and variance analysis. This will also include the identification of additional data elements that are not currently in the Data warehouse, but are relevant for these purposes.
- Employ a variety of data analysis and modeling capabilities to respond to management/investor questions and to proactively highlight emerging trends including: data extraction, manipulation of mass data stores, and forecasting models.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field and at least five years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from both internal and external customers.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, customers, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical and statistical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel (advanced) and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP, SAP Business Objects, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Access and data warehouse structure/implementation a plus.
- Proven track record in achieving results.
- Uncompromising integrity.
- Ability to take on ambiguous opportunities and break down into tangible strategies and actionable plans.
- Strong analytical skills – financial, data, and statistical based thinking.
- Superior problem identification and solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills -will drive results through cross-functional internal and external coordination and influence – high energy, credible, change agent, team player.
- Desire to expand cross-functional knowledge.
- Comfortable with managing conflict, change, and multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to work both at a strategic and tactical, detailed level as needed
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.