Join a small, rapidly growing, and dynamic project team to develop a new all-flash storage architecture - FlashRay. The FlashRay product architecture is founded on rich scale-out and efficiency capabilities to maximize the benefits of flash arrays. The new product line will combine consistent, low-latency performance, high availability, and integrated data protection with enterprise storage efficiency features such as inline deduplication and compression.
FlashRay is one of the most strategic projects within the company. In this project, we will be combining cutting edge technologies with innovative data handling in a creative development environment. The environment can best be described as a startup within a larger organization. This role is a truly once in a lifetime opportunity to deliver innovations and make a large impact.
As a UI Software Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for participating in the development, testing and debugging of user interfaces that manage NetApp storage systems. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, supportability, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
This position requires an individual to be creative, a quick learner, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to lead small teams or projects,
- Design and develop web based user interfaces
- Responsible for providing support in development and testing activities of other engineers that involve several interdependencies
- Performance analysis
- Critical and/or high visibility customer support
- Participate in technical discussions within the team and with other groups within Business Units associated with specified projects
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department and company goals
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers
Required technical skills:
- Experience in UI design and development.
- Servlets, RESTful web services
- Eclipse, Firebug
- Object oriented design and programming
Required soft skills:
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Jetty web server, Hibernate, database
- Sound understanding of networking and networked systems
- Some shell scripting
- Experience with Linux
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies (through prior internships, etc.)
- This individual will be working in a very focused team on exploiting new technologies.
- General direction is provided on routine work, and detailed direction is provided as necessary; as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be self-starting, highly collaborative contributor to team projects
Education and Experience
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or a Master Degree; or equivalent experience is required.
Full time / Part time
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....