SmartSource is seeking an Engineering Manager with Power Product experience
Duration: Direct hire
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Looking for a results oriented manager to lead a team of engineers and technicians in support product strategy and manufacturing processes that tie to the overall organization’s goals and partner with the other key functional areas in achievement of these goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes daily, near term and long term engineering objectives and plans that tie to the facility’s objectives and plans
- Establishes measureable goals with linkage to facility objectives that are then cascaded down to the respective engineers and technicians
- Champions the process capability and process control of critical manufacturing processes
- Provides technical process support as required
- Works with Sales and Marketing to discern competitiveness of new products and technologies
- Reviews operating results of organization and leads corrective measures where objectives, as appropriate
- Ensures the utilization of formal project management techniques.
- Other duties may be assigned*
Leadership of the Power Products engineering team consisting of three Engineers and six technicians. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this team. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The ideal candidates should have
- Technical four year degree in an applicable Engineering discipline
- 5 to 10 years in roles requiring engineering management/leadership of technical personnel
- Results oriented and driven personality
- Strategic thinker with ability to develop and communicate both long term and short term plans
- Works well with others and is a motivational leader
- Coaches, mentors, and directs subordinates
- Experience working as, and with Six Sigma certified employees
- Strong communication skills both verbal, written and presentational
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Strong analytical and math skills
- High Temperature Material Processing (Extrusion and/or Tape Wrapping)
- Determination of Process Capability and Required Process Methodologies to Achieve Target Performance
- Lean/Six Sigma
- Waste Reduction
- General Purpose Airframe Wire Processing/Testing/Application Knowledge
- Harsh Environment Wire Processing/Testing/Application Knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies, St Augustine, is an air conditioned facility with many pieces of equipment that produce heat. The following items are potential items you may encounter while employed here: fumes, dust, noise, hazardous/toxic chemicals. Appropriate training is provided and documented based on job placement that complies with OSHA and EPA regulations.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
Up to 10% travel may be required.
Since 1994 SmartSource has been providing out-sourced marketing applications and services to corporate customers and the partners who serve...