Eye-Fi is quickly growing from an innovative, energetic start-up into a global industry leader. To maintain our exciting, open and collaborative culture, we are seeking exceptionally talented professionals to join our team and help us deliver new products, technical innovation and value for our customers.
The Sr. Visual Designer evolves, extends and safeguards our growing, global consumer brand. To deliver on this challenge, we are seeking an experienced, multi-dimensional, creative designer with an innate ability to quickly concept, adapt and execute design solutions across a varied range of media.
Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, and working in close collaboration with Eye-Fi’s Sales and Product organizations, the role’s responsibilities include:
Required skills and education
- Exploration and conceptualization of design solutions
that reinforce and unify the consumer’s brand and product experiences. Work closely with product visual designers and leverage your own UEX experience to deliver best-in-class, measurable solutions.
- Concept, refine and produce marketing assets,
including owned (corporate, support, mobile and ecommerce websites, CRM channels), earned (social channels, online campaigns) and bought (PR, paid media, OOH, events) media.
- Strategic responsibility
to ensure creative assets go beyond ‘winning awards’ and instead are designed to amplify marketing success, effectively engage consumers and deliver against critical KPI's.
- Accountability for
art direction and production of videos
for use across a wide variety of channels, including social, viral, partner, tutorials and retail.
manage agency and contractor resources,
ensuring strategic alignment on brand, art direction, timelines and feasibility for channel implementation.
- BFA in Graphic Design from top-tier school or commensurate real-world, proven success.
- Online, professional visual portfolio of relevant work, with particular focus around responsive design, graceful degradation and progressive enhancement.
- 5+ years of agency or consumer brand experience with hands-on proficiency with web, mobile, OOH, video and social media. Retail and packaging experience is a bonus.
- Excellent attention to detail, emphasizing quality and personal responsibility yet tempered by an openness to give (and receive) critiques in a healthy, respectful manner.
- Keen grasp of design impact on marketing channel performance, including design best practices for traditional channels, such as SEO, social media and paid media; keen ability and real experience with performance testing and prototyping is strongly recommended (e.g. A/B and multivariate testing, design concept testing, etc.)
- Strong ability to anticipate future consequences accurately, demonstrate broad knowledge and perspective, articulate a credible vision of a future state and develop the plans required to get there, and connect tactical activities to a strategic context.
- Knowledgably prioritize available information; draw accurate conclusions that influence project decisions and direction towards the highest positive impact and best possible outcome in terms of ROI and organizational learning.
- Provide regular, ongoing and timely analysis, critical thinking and strategic recommendations to shape current projects and determine the objectives of future tests.
- Candidates must work well in a fast-paced and growing environment, be flexible and possess a can-do attitude to exploit the unexpected and to succeed in unpredictable situations. The ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize several complex projects simultaneously is also a requirement.
- Demonstrate the initiative to make decisions and/or take actions as needed without significant guidance, prompting or involvement of your manager.
- Desire to work with geographically-dispersed teams and take on additional responsibilities as leadership opportunities arise.
- Non-traditional resumes and applications are welcome, especially from photogs.
- Experience using Eye-Fi (and having an opinion) will be a plus.
Eye-Fi - 14 months ago