This position is a Microsoft Sr. Windows Systems Administrator that is motivated to work in a dynamic, team-oriented, challenging environment that is growing steadily. The incumbent must be familiar with supporting a large, production Windows Active Directory Infrastructure; and be very familiar administering Microsoft Active Directory using Group Policy. The incumbent is expected to take a significant role in project leadership and infrastructure management. This position also has 2nd-level support responsibilities and hence requires the incumbent to have advanced support skills.
- Education: BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Up to six years of strong technical experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems; three or more years experience with Windows Server System Administration in a production environment; fundamental understanding and experience working with TCP/IP networking; and experience providing advanced computer support and/or consulting.
- Skills: Good technical troubleshooting skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work effectively as part of a team; good customer service skills; ability to support Windows Active Directory and Windows Servers and Services; skills troubleshooting TCP/IP; ability to learn programming skills in scripting languages (e.g. VBScript, or PowerShell) and project management/leadership skills. Ability to build cooperative relationships with various internal and external constituents. Demonstrated problem solving skills with a track record of effective solutions. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Physical Mobility: Normally sedentary with some mobility (i.e. able to travel to other campus locations). Ability to conduct domestic travel for training courses or conferences. Ability to occasionally install cables in tight physical environments. Ability to lift computers and monitors that weigh approximately 45 pounds.
- Environmental Conditions: Work may be performed in office or computer machine room settings. There is usually close contact with a computer display for long periods of time.
- Mental: Ability to work on multiple problems at a time and to handle frequent interruptions; excellent analytical skills; ability to identify and isolate problems and think clearly/work effectively under pressure.
- Other: Position requires rotating pager responsibilities 24 x7. Applicant may be required to stay at or return to work during incidents and/or emergencies. Position may require working a non-traditional work schedule (periodically) or working outside normal business hours.
- Education: Master's in Computer Science or Engineering degree; Advanced training with network operating systems (UNIX, MacOS X, Windows) or information security.
- Experience: Five or more years experience with Windows Server System Administration; experience maintaining one or more Microsoft applications (Exchange, Microsoft System Center Suite, SQLServer, etc.); experience handling 2nd-level support; experience with a wide variety of operating systems (e.g. UNIX, MacOS X). Experience managing an Enterprise environment; thorough understanding of windows security (e.g. ACL's, IPSec, firewalls); knowledge of Kerberos authentication and directory systems (e.g. LDAP, Active Directory) and skills with programming languages (e.g. C#, .NET Framework, Java, VBScript, WMI).
Regular Full Time
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR SAIS (COMP SVCS)
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Carnegie Mellon University - 2 years ago
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...