USA-MD-Bethesda-Marriott International HQ
With more than 300 managed properties worldwide (including conference centers) our flagship brand, Marriott Hotels & Resorts celebrates the drive, focus, and resilience of our guests while focusing on exceptional service and genuine comfort. As part of the Marriott Hotels & Resorts team, you'll work to make the most of the travel experience of each and every guests. Find Your World™ at Marriott Hotels & Resorts.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, HCP (Human Capital Planning) & PM (Performance Management) who will be the Marriott technical lead for enterprise Human Capital Planning & Performance Management and collaborate in the future support Engagement survey as well. This person oversees and is accountable for day-to-day operations including the organization, testing, and implementation of new enhancement development, break-fixes, data feeds, data imports, reporting and serves escalation point with third party vendors. This person will also manage the interface of HCP & PM systems with the global learning solution.
The individual will work closely with Marriott Talent Management & Analytic Solutions, Marriott Information Resources, and third party vendors. The individual will serve as one of the current HCP and PM subject matter experts and may use that knowledge to conduct demonstrations and presentations about this system, help develop training and performance support materials, consult with other HR BPM work streams, assist with process and policy development, and / or establish best practices for this and future HCP & PM systems.
The individual will consult as necessary with specific implementation and development projects that use the above systems. This person plans and analyzes the functional and business support of the above system processes and works closely with business leaders, numerous internal support teams, and vendors to ensure the successful development and integration of the processes, procedures, and support activities. Takes lead to ensure tools and processes will integrate clearly across the business.
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland.
Sr. Director – HR Business Process Management, Testing & Reporting
Project resources, 3
Talent Management & Analytics Solutions, Center of Expertise, Property & Above Property Locations, HR Services Team, myHR Service Center, Contract Management, Information Resources, and 3
Specific Expected Contributions
- Provides leadership and planning assistance to the HR BPM Reporting & Testing team and the Talent Management & Analytics solutions COE within the context of Human Capital Planning & Performance Management technologies.
- Manages the technical side of the HCP & PM system day-to-day operations.
- Lead and manage execution for HCP & PM technical development of new enhancements, break fixes, data feeds, data imports, problem resolution, and serves as escalation point with vendor.
- Performs and/or coordinates all duties and tasks in conjunction with the third party vendor as it relates to technical development, testing, UAT, validation, assessment and verification of the functionality of the HCP and PM systems, feeds, processes, and reports.
- Organizes, manages, tracks, and documents the LMS work queue as well as issue escalated from the vendor.
- Leads or assists with research of new Talent Management system upgrades and/or functionality.
- Serves as subject matter expert for the HCP and PM system and may: conduct or assist with demonstrations and presentations of the learning system and other learning technologies, assist with the creation of training and performance support materials, assist with process and policy development.
- Provide consultation services and strategic advice as necessary to Talent Management & Analytics Solutions teams as it relates to using the HCP and PM systems.
- Maintains a working knowledge of leading edge Talent Management practices and technologies.
- Maintains a working knowledge of change management and rollout strategies and best practices • Provides matrix support responding to changing priorities
- Leads the monitoring of service level agreement (SLAs) performance, myHR Service Center calls, and the myHR Connection mailbox to assess system performance, identify issues that may require proactive intervention to reduce issues, and improve process performance.
- Partners with Testing team to ensure that test conditions meet the business needs of the COE and cover all key attributes of the system and processes used. Assist Testing team in conducting testing as needed. Escalates test issues to COE as appropriate.
- Collaborates with Change Management and Communications to develop and implement communications and marketing strategies.
- Partners with Communications to communicate system changes and outages and disseminates best practices to business process users.
- BS/BA degree is preferred. Advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years working with learning systems design and development, systems training, and/or project management. PMP Certification a plus.
- In-depth understanding of the Systems Design Life Cycle (SDLC).
- In-depth understanding of learning technologies and their appropriate use within training efforts; ability to evaluate emerging technologies; understanding of learning delivery mechanisms.
- Experience in deploying software to a large user environment.
- Experience in managing and coordinating varieties of inputs from functional experts working in a team environment.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change. Must accept and adapt to change; understand that change is a constant and necessary path for improvement and growth
- Ability to learn quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Ability to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with team members, internal stakeholders and external constituents; and ability to influence change through these relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills to develop agreements and manage interdependencies in task assignments and scheduling
- Ability to collaborate with others; a team player
- Ability to consult and interface with senior leaders
- Strong analytic skills; makes decisions using data and business knowledge
Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment - - establishing goals and delivering against the objectives of assignments to meet time, budget and quality criteria
Ability to deliver results under difficult conditions and demonstrated balanced judgment under pressure
Ability to establish credibility necessary to influence at all organizational levels and give projects credibility
Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills
Ability to communicate with non-technical people about technical issues
Ability to provide guidance for less experienced staff
Excellent analytical and organizational skills, strong focus and attention to detail
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Jun 29, 2012, 4:36:58 PM
Marriott International, Inc - 22 months ago
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...