United Technologies Corporation, a Fortune top 50 company is a dynamic global corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, security and fire protection as well as hydrogen fuel cell development.
The candidate is expected to interact with United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) Program Offices and United Technologies Corporation (UTC) business units to enhance existing programs, create opportunities, participate in the acquisition of contract awards, and provide technical contributions in the areas of autonomy and perception, especially with regard to compressive sensing, simultaneous localization and mapping, senor fusion, LIDAR and video for navigation.
The candidate must be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary, multinational team environment focused on innovation and be able to partner with leading, worldwide institutions (university, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations) to meet organizational objectives. The candidate will have exceptional communication skills, capable of interacting with UTRC senior management as well as members of the technical staff. The candidate must be able to provide timely, accurate and detailed reports and presentations.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Act as an individual contributor, working in multidisciplinary teams focused on creative, integrated solutions for business and technical challenges in simultaneous localization and mapping, video for navigation, multimodal sensor data fusion, and decision making processes from the navigational information.
- Provide technical contributions in the areas of detection, classification and tracking of multiple agents in an urban environment, as well as real-time autonomous trajectory re-planning.
- Identify and champion promising technical innovations for UTC Business units through knowledge of the state-of-the-art in fields related to perception for navigation, the participation in partnerships with universities, national labs, and government / military institutions.
- Author technical papers; be active in internal and external networks.
Required: M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field and a minimum of 6-8 years of industrial or academic experience (post M.S.).
Preferred: Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, plus 3-5 years of industrial or academic experience after completion of the Ph.D. in disciplines as outlined above.
- Expert knowledge and a minimum of 3-5 years of industrial or academic experience (post M.S.) in several of the following: (1) multi-sensor data fusion for context-specific decision support relevant to localization and mapping, (2) LIDAR and video for navigation, including the ability to represent surrounding views automatically and make decisions based on the scene information, (3) detection, classification and tracking of multiple agents in an urban environment, (4) real-time autonomous trajectory re-planning.
- Demonstrated ability to write proposals and win external funding/contracts/grants.
- Record of technical contributions, including patents and publications in refereed technical journals.
- Proven success in innovative, strategic and technical thinking; willingness to champion and challenge new technical ideas; and experience in applying work to real-world applications.
- Excellent communication skills; innovative strategic and technical thinker; high energy; team player.
US Citizenship or Permanent US Residence is required for this position
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.