This position will serve as the accounting liaison between Accounting & Finance and the HR department. Personnel costs are a significant component of NOCO’s operating costs. In the analyst role, this position will be responsible to record and analyze the Company’s payroll and benefit costs and to assist the Human Resources department with its internal and external reporting requirements. This position will also be a member of the retail accounting team supporting the Express and Dealer divisions.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Prepare and record entries to distribute monthly payroll.
- Monitor, analyze and publish monthly corporate headcount and hours reports. Develop variance reports versus annual budgets and historical measures.
- Develop and publish weekly retail headcount, hours and wage reports.
- Assist Human Resources department with EEOC, DOL, DOT, Census Bureau and other wage, hour and headcounts reporting as necessary.
Cost Analysis – Health Care and other benefits
- Collaboratively develop and manage health care monitoring and reporting process for NOCO’s self-insured health insurance program with HR manager.
- Work with outside providers to develop an audit function to verify charges and challenge reimbursements.
- Assist HR Director and CFO with health care cost management and planning.
- Assist HR manager with benefit program renewals, comparative cost-benefit and payback analyses, and assist with financial aspect of benefit decision-making.
401(k) Retirement Plan
- Coordinate with Treasurer to verify and fund retirement plan payroll distributions.
- Assist HR and CFO with plan compliance and investment reviews.
- Manage and coordinate annual audit with external accounting firm.
- Assist controllers and division managers in preparation of annual personnel budgets.
- Assist HR and CFO with annual workers compensation and other insurance renewal reporting.
- Assist HR and Payroll with annual insurance program payroll audits, as required.
- Work with Retail Controller to learn and understand PDI retail accounting system.
- Assist controller and accounting team with monthly accounting close. Prepare journal entries, accounts reconciliations and analyses to support ledger balances, as assigned.
- Assist controller with operational and IT systems integration and support as requested.
- Work with accounting team to accelerate monthly closing process.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required and CPA certification or advancement towards CPA certification is preferred. An MBA or other advanced degrees are beneficial, but not required. The successful candidate should possess 2-5 years of experience with a combination of public accounting or industry experience in a large company setting.
Self-Starter and Team Player
The successful candidate will be able to work equally well independently, as a team member or team leader to achieve assigned project goals. They will be expected to listen, learn, and become the subject matter expert in assigned areas. They must be able to work with a variety of internal and external customers in this function.
Heightened Degree of Confidentiality
The successful candidate will possess a heightened understanding and respect for the confidential and sensitive nature of the information to which they have access. Any breaches of confidentiality will be considered as serious in nature.
Knowledge and Skills related
This successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate his/her thoughts, observations, research and recommendations verbally, and in presentations, written reports, memorandum, and other forms of communication.
This position requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills. The position requires project management skills to bring assignments and projects to completion as scheduled and the ability to balance multiple assignments and projects concurrently.
NOCO Energy Corp. - 5 months ago
NOCO is a family-owned and operated corporation with deep roots in the Western New York Community. Headquartered in Tonawanda, NY for 75...