We love automation. We design and build innovative robotic systems and laboratory devices used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies and academic research laboratories. HighRes Biosolutions helps scientists accelerate drug discovery, high throughput genotyping, siRNA screening, next-generation sequencing sample prep, biorepository science and molecular diagnostics with highly flexible, expandable and modular integrated systems, bench-top devices and consumables that are easily configured (and reconfigured) to create research environments conducive to achieving breakthrough results.
Staff Accountant: Part-time
The Staff Accountant is an integral part of the finance group with primary responsibility for general accounting and monthly closing activities in addition to assistance in audit support. Three days/week. Some flexibility with schedule.
I. General Accounting and Cost Accounting Activities
II. Monthly Closing
- Responsible for accounting and daily general ledger activity.
- Fixed asset accounting
- Inventory management; valuation and analysis
- Assist in preparation of cash forecasts and cash flow statements.
- Assist with sales tax and other tax issues.
- Monthly management accounts
- Variance analysis and account reconciliation
- Perform the US month end close process to deadlines
- Prepare monthly reporting, reviewing trends and performance against budget, providing value added commentary.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, in accordance with policy.
- Assist annual statutory accounts.
- Prepare year-end audit files, liaise with auditors.
- Self-starter with strong planning, analytical and time management skills including ability to manage multiple priorities and keep track of multiple outstanding items.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Team player with flexibility to take on new tasks as required
- Strong aptitude for working with accounting software systems and be PC proficient.