Warner Music Group: With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. Records and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: WMGS Participations is responsible for the accounting and distribution of 3 rd party financial statements pursuant to agreements providing labels or artists with a profit participation, distribution services or joint venture entitlement.
High Level Job Description: Prepare participation, Pressing & Distribution (P&D) and merchandise 3 rd party statements on behalf of WMG’s recorded music labels. Prepare reconciliation, journal entries and required schedules related to these statements.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Prepare participation, merchandise and Pressing & Distribution (P&D) statements (specifically Warner Bros. Records & Nashville Division)
- Analyze, review and provide supporting data
- Read and comprehend third party contracts and create corresponding statements and schedules
- Facilitate overall close process (reconciliations, sweeps, transfers, maintenance of participation, P&D and merch liabilities, journal entries, accruals, close schedules, etc.)
- Perform account reconciliations and maintenance of participation, merch and P&D liability balances.
- Communicate with third parties and label finance, conduct research as required
- Prepare, maintain and analyze cash flow and other supporting schedules
- Recommend ways to improve the efficiency of the reporting process and document procedures
- Maintain real time schedules of statements status
- Learn operational & accounting systems and the flow of accounting transactions through the systems
- General and ad hoc tasks relating to participations
- Competence in using Excel, MS Office
- Good written and verbal skills needed in communicating with the various label representatives and third parties
- Must possess strong analytic skills in preparing accounting transactions
- Strong financial statement preparation background required
- 2+ years in related capacity, monthly General Ledger close, account reconciliations, financial analyses
- SAP experience is a plus
- Entertainment / Music Industry Accounting Experience a plus
- BA degree required, preferably in accounting, finance
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Warner Music Group - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -