JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
• Perform general and technical accounting functions
1. Interface with both internal and external auditors.
2. Prepare monthly payroll and miscellaneous cash journal entries.
3. Research and prepare excise, sales and use tax filings, and unclaimed property filings.
4. Analyze and reconcile bank account activities and general ledger accounts.
5. Responsible for daily monitoring of US and Canadian bank accounts.
6. Provide support and analysis for special projects and new initiatives.
Educational attainment equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field
CPA certification and Big 4 experience (2+ years) a plus or considerable and progressively responsible experience performing a variety of professional and technical accounting functions (4+years)
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES RECOMMENDED FOR POSITION:
Considerable knowledge of accounting principles and generally accepted accounting standards and practices
Considerable knowledge of manufacturing accounting practices
Ability to plan, organize and complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change required
Ability to work independently with initiative and little direction
Knowledge of internal and external audit requirements
Ability to research and analyze financial statements
Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing
Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, departmental representatives, management, and public and private representatives
Computer requirements include extensive Excel and Word
SAP experience a plus
Behr - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading...