Elance is pioneering a new way to work, helping businesses level the playing field by providing them with access to great talent on demand. As a key member of our Design team, you’ll be a driving force behind the Elance product user experience. You will focus these visions into usable, useful and desirable solutions that deliver exceptional customer experiences.
In this role, you will:
To win in this role, you will need:
- Be a major factor in representing the face of high quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design , and visual design
- Be a subject matter expert in the area of interaction design, experience design, design technology , and engineering. Stay up-to- date on current trends in interaction design for web, mobile, desktop and tablet apps
- Create wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes to communicate your design concepts to a broad rang e of stakeholders and end users
- Collaborate with product, engineering and development partners; produce design solutions , and adapt your designs to e merging engineering constraints
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Write and speak as a thought leader for high quality software de velopment through a focus of UX
- Working knowledge of effective UX design patterns
- Trai n and mentor other UX designers
- A degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interacti on or related field. BS r equired, MS is highly preferred
- 7+ years of industry experience as a UX / interaction designer in a cross-functional UX team, dedicat ed to the complete UX design and development lifecycle of several successfully launche d software and web applications
- Demonstrated leadership in UX-f ocused software design projects
- Skills and experience in user research, strategy, ideation , and product definition
- Skills and experience in inter action design and visual design
- Demonstrated history of delivering high-quality product experiences for a variety of platforms in cluding desktop, web and mobile
- Knowledge of Axure is a plus
Come work where people say “Happy Monday” and actually mean it (seriously, no joke).
A funny thing happens when your job is putting mile-wide grins on the faces of online freelancers and the businesses who hire them. You start to smile a lot yourself, knowing you’re helping people live the dream and get great work done ASAP.
You see at Elance we’re not just creating a revolutionary place for businesses to find, hire and work with online freelancers. We’re also creating a fun place to work. And to keep the good times going strong we’re always looking for amazing people ready to help the world work differently.
So check out our job openings in the Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Europe. Then join Elance as we change how the world works, and learn why around here TGIF means “This Gig Is Fantastic”.
Visit us at www.elance.com .
**Please provide a link to your portfolio when apply ing**
Monster - 18 months ago