The Staff Accountant will work primarily supporting the review, posting and analysis of operating expenses related to major spend items including travel, entertainment and marketing activities. This position will also provide general ledger and month end reconciliation and closing procedures as required by accounting department and may have the opportunity to assist in other projects.
What you get to do every day:
- Primary responsibility is to audit travel expense reports, manage travel policy compliance and create management reports related to travel expense.
- Preparation and analysis of information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Audit of non-travel expenses and OPEX expenses, which includes 3-way match, review expense coding, and review of supporting contracts and documents.
- Equally responsible for the audits of marketing expenses and invoices submitted for payment. Work involves high degree of scrutiny of vendor proof of performance, invoice and other supporting documents.
- Weekly reporting of marketing expense movement for cash flow projections and other planning.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Participates in new enterprise accounting, project management, and reporting system implementation and related change management.
- Support general ledger accountants as needed
- Data mining projects as needed
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in accounting field required
- 2-4 years professional experience, including hands-on experience in accounts payable process
- General knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping concepts, practices, and processes
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Excel
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience with payment procedures
- Strong organizational, customer service and analytical skills
- Experience proactively handling and resolving customer service issues when dealing with non compliance of travel policy
- Ability to handle high volume of transactions and meet weekly AP deadlines.
- Prior experience with Concur Technologies software, strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with major ERP, such as SAP, required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HTC - 15 months ago