Seattle-based DIRECTV Sports Networks is a wholly owned subsidiary of DIRECTV and operates three regional sports networks branded as ROOT SPORTS™. The three networks (based in Bellevue WA, Denver CO, and Pittsburgh PA) are distributed in 18 states and hold exclusive regional telecast rights to over twenty professional and collegiate teams, including the Colorado Rockies, Pittsburgh Pirates, Seattle Mariners, Pittsburgh Penguins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Utah Jazz, Seattle Sounders FC, Portland Timbers , Gonzaga University, West Virginia University,
University of Denver
and Seattle University. The ROOT SPORTS networks also have exclusive national distribution rights for the Big Sky Conference, as well as distributing Big 12, Pac-12, Mountain West, and Conference USA and other collegiate football and basketball games.
The Accountant is responsible for the preparation of data underlying the financial statements for the company. The successful candidate is responsible for performing, coordinating, and analyzing accounting activity for multiple general ledger accounts. This includes monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities. The Accountant carries out credit, billing, collection, and reporting activities for the company.
This position is based in Seattle, WA.
- Maintains and balances automated and manual systems for Accounts Receivable.
- Responsible for month-end closing process in Medea, ensuring accuracy of financial information in accordance with GAAP as well as compliance to internal policies
- Perform activities related to Affiliate revenue cycle, including maintaining billing systems (Medea and Great Plains), adjustments, customer activity, monthly invoicing and reporting
- Performs accounts receivable collection activities related to Affiliate customers, troubleshooting billing issues, assisting customers with payment solutions, as well as participation in bad debt and collection reviews and analysis
- Maintain internal controls around the billing system process and revenue recognition
- Record journal entries related to Affiliate revenue and other general ledger activity as directed
- Perform account analysis and reconciliations for multiple general ledger accounts
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement variance analysis
- Responsible for AP vendor maintenance
- Responsible for fixed asset system, reporting, analysis, monthly and year-end close
- Responsible for accurate payroll entires into the general ledger accounts
- Assist in budget and forecast development as directed
- Perform ad hoc analysis, research, and reporting
- Provide assistance with other projects as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or similar,
CPA strongly preferred
- Two to five years of accounting experience, prior media experience is a plus
- Experience working with Great Plains financial application and related reporting tools
- Prior experience utilizing systems to calculate revenue and generate billing information is a plus
knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong Microsoft skills including advanced Excel and Access (or other database)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Critical business thinking skills and the ability to be comfortable with processes, tools, software solutions, matrix management, and change as necessary
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and results-driven
- Ability to manage workload and competing priorities essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential as this position will develop relationships with both internal and external customers
- Team player but with the ability to work independently
Finance / Accounting / Audit