Summit Medical Group (Health Care)
Staff Accountant - Full time
New Providence, NJ
Respect. Recognition. Rewards.
Discover a whole new experience at Summit Medical Group. With an 80+ year history of unparalleled quality care and patient satisfaction, our team of professionals enjoy a wide range of career opportunities, and an environment where they are respected, recognized and rewarded each and every day.
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, and utilizing a variety of financial systems, you will handle a wide range of accounting and financial reporting functions, as well as assist in the preparation of complex reports/analyses that help to advance our status as the premier healthcare delivery system in the region.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Navigating software applications to produce financial statements
- Preparing and distributing accrual basis department financial statements and related accounting reports
- Accumulating and providing data/reports in relation to the external financial audit process
- Assisting with the preparation/monitoring of department budgets
- Preparing monthly account reconciliations
- Handling depository bank reconciliations
- Preparing complex financial reports and models
- Preparing/processing monthly journal entries
- Assisting with daily cash reporting and online banking processes
- Performing other related tasks as needed
To qualify, you must have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Accounting, 2+ years of accounting experience that includes experience with accrual accounting and audit experience. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, financial reporting and G/L systems will also be expected, as will strong analytical, oral/written communication, budgeting/forecasting and Excel skills. CPA and 1-2 years of audit experience with a Big 4 firm preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess excellent work ethic, an ability to function in a collaborative and collegial environment, responsiveness and the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels.
We offer a competitive salary, state-of-the-art environment, and a comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email resume and salary history.
We are a smoke-free environment. EOE M/F/D/V