• A Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for the preparation of a variety of operational activities related to investment companies. Such activities include (but not limited to) expense management, database exceptions, board reporting, director’s compensation and asset reporting. A Staff Accountant will have regular contact with the fund’s accounting agent, fund’s transfer agent, IT, and other departments within Nuveen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Participate in the fund expense management process; includes budgeting, accrual reconciliation, variance analysis, trial balance review and journal entry preparation.
• Review daily database exceptions
• Prepare quarterly board reporting materials
• Prepare quarterly director’s compensation materials
• Prepare daily asset reporting and other regular reporting requirements
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 2 – 3 years of industry experience, a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work additional hours during peak business periods
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong analytical skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to produce high level of quality work
• Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task priorities to meet competing deadlines
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Nuveen Investments, LLC - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard