VCA-Antech, Inc. is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the team at our Support Office in West Los Angeles, California.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
VCA Antech, Inc. (NASDAQ: WOOF) is a leading provider of pet health care services in North America, with a nationwide clinical laboratory system and nearly 600 free-standing animal hospitals. VCA Antech has an excellent reputation in the pet health care industry. We have achieved this stature by acquiring and managing high quality veterinary practices and providing preeminent diagnostic laboratory services for animal hospitals in 41 states, and a recent expansion into Canada.
The position is responsible for the day-to-day revenue accounting cycle for 50+ hospitals. The ideal candidate must be self-driven who takes initiative and pride in their responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job functions and job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and input daily sales and AR information
- Prepare month-end journal entries with appropriate supporting documents
- Analyze various general ledger accounts, research and initiate adjusting entries so that financial data is accurately reported
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation and communicate with hospital managers on relevant adjustments
- Process refunds and manage chargeback disputes
- Facilitate with banking related issues
- Proactively identify and bring issues/solutions to supervisor’s attention
- Prepare primary and supporting schedules for month-end close
- Training and assistance with the hospital managers on daily cashiering errors and compliance with company policies
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting/Finance/Business/Economics
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Lawson a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office - Intermediate Excel skills
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Friendly, with a strong service-oriented attitude
- Ability to multi-task with good follow-through
- Self-starter and team player
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision and paid vacation/sick days (for F/T employees), 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
If interested in this opportunity, please click the “Apply” link below.
If you think this would be an ideal opportunity for someone you know, click “Share.”
VCA Antech, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -