Responsible for the Accounts Payable system, process payment requests, maintain the Accounts Payable sub-ledger system and reconcile to general ledger, tax filing and reporting as it pertains to Accounts Payable. Maintain proper relationship with vendors and managers, assist controller with month-end close and year-end reconciliations and various projects. Responsible for cash deposits.
Process check requests and post them to the Accounts Payable Ledger.
Month-end close and accounts reconciliations.
- Receive and process all Accounts Payable mail in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare and process all approved check requests.
- Process payments to vendors and refunds to employees.
- Post journal entries to AP system.
- Mark draft-payment invoices as paid and file for future reconciliation.
- Transmit Positive pay file to the bank and update cash flow spreadsheet.
- Process cash deposits.
Maintain proper documentation and filing systems.
- Reconcile payments to credit card report or bank draft.
- Follow-up with managers and vendors for timely submission of invoices for month-end close.
- Assist with year-end reconciliations and various projects.
- Maintain Vendor W-9 file, maintain proper alphabetical and FY filing of processed invoices.
- Yearly reconciliation and balancing of 1099 report for filing at 1/31.
- Attends at least one mission based training, forum, dialog, etc. each year.
- Proficient at 10-key and in Windows spreadsheet and word processing software environments.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Detail focused to find and correct errors of varying type and dollar amount.
- Strong mathematical skills that includes but not limited to the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to work in a team as well as individually.
- Customer service oriented and ability to maintain a good professional relationship with vendors, managers and team members.
- Strong problem-solving ability, including ability to productively resolve conflict.
- Ability to work with a variety of cultures, backgrounds and perspectives.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Minimum of two-year accounting degree and 2-3 years experience in accounting/bookkeeping.
- Experience writing and using queries.
YWCA of Minneapolis - 2 years ago