This is a great opportunity to get into the Oil & Gas industry if you have some strong GL experience. The position is located in Ardmore OK. Assists in the day to day maintenance of general ledger accounts and financial statements
degree in Accounting or Finance, and two + years of accounting experience.
Knowledge of oil and gas accounting procedures.
Description Assists in the day to day maintenance of general ledger accounts and financial statements including, accounts receivable and payable reconciliation, capital expenditure and expense reporting, invoice payments, well reconciliation, budget maintenance, and royalty account maintenance.
- Advises accounting clerks in activities related to the booking of capital expenditures and expenses in the Company's general ledger accounts.
- Monitors and maintains production budgets.
- Analyzes and directs research into expense division of interest problems.
- Verifies accuracy of invoices and ensures prompt and proper payment.
- Reconciles accounts payable accounts, pipeline imbalances, oil suspense's, fixed assets, accounts receivable and company budgets.
- Assists auditors with questions that arise during company audits.
- Research and prepare reports to answer inquiries from partners, auditors and management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, preferred, or Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Mathematics with a minor in Accounting or a minimum of 15 credit hours in Accounting, and two or more years of accounting experience.
- Understanding of revenue and expense accounting.
- Knowledge of oil and gas accounting procedures.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Proficient in 10-key, spreadsheet and word processing software.
Responsible for interpreting data that affects the Company's ledger accounts and financial statements.