Responsible for successful count updates to support overall store data integrity and for the resolution of any data integrity issues for Old Navy NA, Athleta Retail, & Piperlime Retail (and any other brands as required/assigned). Comprehend the financial implication of all actions. Provide mentoring or job shadowing opportunities for fellow teammates while serving as a Subject Matter Expert.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for understanding company inventory transactions, data, processes and systems in detail
- Analyze data to identify and measure data integrity problems across the company
- Think out-of-the-box when obtaining, correlating and determining solutions to address inventory issues
- Perform transaction analysis working with data from multiple systems
- Summarize results of analysis; draw links with business process, present results in a logical manner
- Perform analysis on merchandise and store inventory data to isolate causes
- Responsible for inventory accuracy in special stores (i.e. Closing/New/Remodels/Dummy/Disaster/Virtual)
- Analyze shortage trend and cycles
Promote Operational Excellence:
- Analyze Annual, Full and Partial count exceptions
- Conduct Post-Count Review analysis for business partners
- Provide ad hoc reports for business partners
- Work closely with Inventory Control Business Partners in analyzing shortage
- Ensure open two-way communication with all Business Partners
- Work with IT to research and resolve all inventory-related reporting and system issues
- Partner with divisional Business Partners to address and formulate strategies to minimize data integrity and shortage
- Provide lessons learned and best practices across divisions
- Support all inventory initiatives
- Provides best practices to all Business Partners
Communicate with all levels of management, including Senior Level management. Work closely with IC Reporting team to ensure shortage figures are properly stated. Work with IT, LP and Store Support leadership to help resolve all inventory transaction problems.
- Thorough knowledge of perpetual and financial inventory control systems (PFI, Crystal, MARS) and/or aptitude for understanding various system applications
- Intermediate working knowledge of Excel (data manipulation utilizing vlookup, subtotal, and text to column functions)
- Basic working knowledge of Access databases
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize the daily workload using effective time management
- Strong, effective oral and written communication skills
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field strongly preferred or previous applicable experience
- 3-5 years business experience in a corporate setting preferred
Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment; Demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills; Chooses appropriate tools or technology for tasks; Experiments with new processes, tools or technologies to determine applicability; Has the capability and knowledge base to share technical skills with others.
Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/see as challenging; Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; Seizes more opportunities than others.
Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit and/or the organization; Provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; Is timely with information.
Uses time effectively and efficiently; Values time; Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; Gets more done in less time than others; Can attend to a broad range of activities.
Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Corporate Shared Service Center
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...