Staff Aide (Office of the President)
Job Code: O-006-13
Opening Date/Time: Fri. 12/14/12 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 01/15/13 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $45,753.00 - $55,677.00 Annually
Job Type: Classified Staff
Location: Orange Coast College, California
Department: Orange Coast College
FLSA: Non-exempt position, eligible for overtime compensation.
DEFINITION: Under the direction of the College President and in coordination with the Executive Assistant to the President (Confidential), performs a variety of complex secretarial and special administrative support duties to relieve the President of a variety of administrative details; plan, coordinate and organize office activities and coordinate communications, correspondence, meetings, public relations, special projects and information for the Office of the President.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS: The Staff Aide is a classified position that provides additional support to the President’s Office and provides complex administrative assistant services for the Office of the President. The classification requires thorough knowledge of executive office operations, college organization, and related policies and procedures.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following: a. Perform a wide variety of administrative staff duties and assist higher level personnel relative to subjects related to the Office of the President b. Conduct research investigations and studies of various operating and fiscal activities and functions of the District. c. Gather, compile, and analyze data and prepare reports in graphic, pictorial, tabular, written and oral form. d. Contact public agencies, private firms, consultants, speakers, District personnel, and the public to obtain and impart information and data related to business, fiscal, personnel, community/student services or educational matters. e. Apply statistical techniques in analyzing data. f. Develop record systems and maintain administrative business or fiscal affairs. g. Conduct surveys and investigations related to personnel, space, equipment, material utilization and other assignments. h. Operate office machines. i. Perform a full range of simple to complex clerical functions in support of assigned projects, studies, and programs. j. May program data processing equipment. k. Direct student assistants as needed. l. Assemble, verify, and edit publications developed and used in assigned areas of work. m. Coordinate the preparation and distribution of material for a variety of meetings and follow through with forms and reports for use by administration. n. Prepare meeting agendas and minutes. o. Assist with the preparation of a variety of reports as required. p. Assist with training seminars for staff relating to personnel procedures. q. Perform a wide variety of tasks at same or lower level classification as need may require. r. May direct and oversee the work of staff at same or lower classification as assigned. s. Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
1. Standard office equipment and procedures, including ability to use computers for word processing, reporting, record keeping, and other typical office/clerical tasks.
2. Applicable federal, state, and District regulations.
3. English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
4. Business math and simple statistics.
5. Principles of record keeping.
6. Composition, proof reading, and report writing.
7. Basic administrative practices of the assigned area.
8. Read, understand, analyze, and apply complex written materials.
9. Type at an acceptable rate of speed.
10. Gather, compile, and analyze data.
11. Write/compose from recordings/dictation
12. Make accurate observations and obtain objective information.
13. Make detailed and accurate calculations.
14. Prepare and present reports in tabular, written, graphic, pictorial, and oral form.
15. Plan and organize work to meet deadlines.
16. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
17. Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
18. Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, disability, religious background and sexual orientation of community colleges students, faculty, and staff.
19. Understand and apply policies and procedures, including applicable federal and state regulations.
20. Completion of at least one year college level course work.
21. Minimum of two years experience analyzing and making recommendations for the resolution of problems of organization, procedure, budget, and personnel, or in a highly responsible technical/secretarial capacity, involving frequent customer contact.
22. Or, any combination of education and experience that would provide the required qualifications.
Conditions of Employment:
$45,753 (Step 1) - $55,677 (Step 5)/Annual
Salary Range E-48
Pay Philosophy: Starting salaries for support staff positions begin at Step-1 of the salary range. Employees hired prior to April 1 of each year will move to the next step on the upcoming July 1. Employees hired on or after April 1 of each year will move to the next step the following July 1. All movement on the salary schedule will occur July 1 of each year for all classified employees.
This is a regular, full time, 40 hours per week, 12-month per year position. The normal hours of work will be 9:00 a.m. to 6:00p.m., Monday through Friday; some flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekend hours may be required to meet the needs of the department. The effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
Applications must be received no later than the posted closing date. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
Once you have completed an electronic application, you may apply to open positions within the Coast Community College District by submitting the application and all other required materials. Required materials differ for each open position and must be complete when submitted for a specific posting. Instructions for completing applications and applying to posted positions are available online or by calling Applicant Processing at (714) 438-4714. All application materials become the property of the Coast Community College District and will NOT be copied or returned. Information for TDD users is available by calling (714) 438-4755.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
Be sure to complete all questions and sections of the application. For questions which may not apply, indicate "n/a" (not applicable). If you do not know an answer, please indicate so, but do not leave any space blank.
- Classified/Management Employment Application.
- Cover Letter highlighting your qualifications for the desired position.
- Current Resume.
- Answers to supplemental questions.
All applications will be screened under a pr
ocess of utmost confidentiality by a committee of representatives from the college community (reference Board Policy 050-1-1). Please note: Possession of the minimum qualifications does not ensure an interview.
Any documents that you are unable to attach can be faxed to (714) 782-6065. Faxes must clearly indicate the job you are applying to and your name. For additional help, please call Applicant Processing at (714) 438-4714, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Disability Accommodations If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714 OR (714) 438-4713.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
For more information and to apply visit: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cccd/default.cfm
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency