General Statement of Duties:
Administer benefit programs for University employees, such as insurance plans, mandatory and voluntary retirement programs, flexible spending accounts, savings plans, and workers' compensation; provide individual benefit orientations for new employees, as well as guidance to employees who are going on leave or separating from service.
1. Responsible for administering benefit plans for employees health, life, & dental insurance; long-term disability; retirement plans - State Retirement system (defined benefit plan) & Optional Retirement plan (defined contribution plan); deferred compensation & tax-sheltered annuities; flexible spending accounts; etc.
2. Oversee individual benefit plan orientations for new employees; participate in periodic group orientations.
3. Provide retirement procedures and guidelines to employees considering retirement; provide other appropriate information (Social Security information, Medicare, etc.)
4. Serve as Workers' Compensation liaison.
5. Ensure compliance with benefits regulations; provide updates to employee as necessary.
6. Administer open enrollment periods for Group Insurance Commission (GIC) plans, non-unit dental programs, flexible spending accounts, etc.
7. Assist employees with benefit inquiries, resolution of issues; serve as a liaison for employees as appropriate.
8. Provide daily supervision of benefits staff; supervise other professional and classified staff as necessary.
9. Responsible for other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
1. Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
2. Minimum of 5-7 years benefits administration experience.
3. Ability to comprehend and explain complex policies, procedures, human resource laws, and collective bargaining agreement provisions.
4. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
6. Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills required.
7. Must be well organized and detail oriented.
8. Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise both administrative and professional staff, as well as student employees.
1. Knowledge of higher education principles & practices
2. Knowledge of Commonwealth of Massachusetts/Group Insurance Commission benefit offerings
3. PHR/SPHR Certification
Special Instructions to Applicants
Items other than resume or letter of interest that applicants must submit
This position is subject to a background check.
All (Internal and External candidates)
Pay Rate (Applicant View)
Commensurate with qualification and experience
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Application Types Accepted
Bridgewater State College - 12 months ago