The Institutional Research Specialist has responsibilities that support the assessment of student learning and the measurement of institutional effectiveness. Specific responsibilities are to provide support for the Center for Planning and Institutional Effectiveness (CPIE) including:
• Management of the collection and processing of student work for assessment purposes including General Education Assessment Review (GEAR), Area of Study (AOS) Review, and Assessment in the Major.
• Preliminary analysis, summarization and report generation for GEAR, AOS Review, and Assessment in the Major.
• Work with faculty and staff to facilitate the timely completion of GEAR, AOS Review, and Assessment in the Major.
• Coordinate and manage survey administration and data collection processes for major institutional surveys, such as the Student Opinion Survey (SOS), and special surveys for centers.
• Compose periodic reports for internal and external audiences.
• Support strategic planning process including technical reviews of documents.
• Serve on college wide or search committees as needed.
• Maintain repository of C-PIE reports and materials on IR website.
• Work on special projects, including special data requests from administrators, governance, faculty, and staff.
• Respond to requests for information in an organized, efficient and professional manner.
• Use appropriate social science research methods commensurate with experience and education.
• Use a variety of software packages including SPSS, publishing software, and MS Access.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field, experience working in a college setting, experience with quantitative data analysis, strong computer skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and a background in research methods and quantitative statistics.
Master’s degree in appropriate field, experience in outcomes assessment, program evaluation, or institutional research, and experience with Datatel, Access, and electronic portfolios. Preference will be given to candidates with statistical, computer, database, and research skills.
Some travel and weekend hours may be necessary.
Rank/Salary: Mid to High $40s, commensurate with experience.
Applications Due By: May 24, 2013.
The college actively seeks to build a culturally diverse faculty and staff and offers multicultural learning and work environments. Empire State College supports all efforts to enrich our community through a steadfast commitment to excellence through diversity. Empire State College is an AA/EEO/IRCA/ADA employer.
SUNY EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER AT (518) 587-2100. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Empire State College - 22 months ago