Staff Assistant for the Science and Math Departments - This is a 9.5 month position available immediately. This position reports to the Department Chairs of the Mathematics and Natural Sciences departments.
• Clerical assistance such as preparing and managing the storage of departmental documents (course syllabi, exams, reports, etc.).
• Assist faculty in more advanced clerical work such as proofreading, preparing quizzes for online delivery in the campus course management system, editing and posting video, etc.
• Assist with scheduling of department meetings and arranging travel plans for department employees. Reserve the use of classrooms in the Science/Math building.
• Handle routine business matters with other departments or outside the institution.
• Organize materials for the office and maintain office supplies and supply budgets.
• Process paperwork for purchase requisitions and invoices of substantial volume per year.
• Log expenditures for budget and photocopy expenses.
• Handle correspondence for divisional scholarship awards.
• Post information on bulletin boards.
• Maintaining Science Office Library.
• Coordinate the annual Science Lecture Series and Sigma Zeta Banquet.
• Place orders for lab and office supplies and equipment.
• Receive visitors and telephone calls for the department; process and circulate mail.
• Establish and maintain files.
• Accept other duties as assigned.
Education and Preferred Experience: The right candidate will have 3 years experience with strong word processing skills and the ability to work independently with general supervision in a very busy department. Experience in a university setting is preferred. A committed and dynamic Christian faith is vital along with the ability to support the University’s theological position, lifestyle standards and mission.
To apply for this position please submit employment application along with your resume to the Asbury University Human Resources office.
Posted: 9/16/2013 Deadline: Until filled