Will: Will be a member of the Business Administration Group (3113) and will report to the Business Administration Manager. Will be responsible for providing office support to multiple technical groups within the Systems Engineering Section (313). Provide back up support to the Section Office. Duties will include: iProcurement, foreign and domestic travel, on and off-boarding, termination clearances, and other ad-hoc assignments. May require P-card purchasing. Coordinate meetings via Outlook & Entourage, schedule conference rooms, arrange conference calling via Meeting Place, large and small event coordination. Submit visit requests and escort visitors. Assist with preparation of presentations and graphics, including proofreading and editing. Post documents and update the Section Docushare Library. Regularly support multiple and varied ad hoc assignments.
Responsible for providing office support to one or more individuals which involves; distributing information; receiving visitors; arranging travel, meetings, events and/or conferences; scheduling appointments; receiving, referring, or answering mail; setting up and maintaining files; answering and routing calls; creating letters, memos, presentations, spreadsheets and reports; and purchasing.
• Composes and prepares moderately complex correspondences.
• Routes mail inquiries as appropriate.
• Coordinates special events.
• Prepares presentation and graphic materials.
• May update organization web pages.
• Uses purchase card for miscellaneous acquisitions for organization and reconciles expenditures.
• Maintains organization libraries.
• Performs moderately complex job functions and activities within moderate scope.
• General supervision requiring general instructions for routine work and detailed instructions for new assignments.
• Takes responsibility and ownership of own work.
• Actions, decisions and recommendations may have a minimal to moderate impact on team operations and minimal impact outside own organization.
• Errors can be detected and corrected but may cause moderate loss of time or customer/user dissatisfaction.
• Assists less experienced personnel with some work assignments.
• May use innovative and creative approaches to analyze special situations.
• Uses opportunities to propose new work techniques.
• Applies applicable policies, procedures, and practices to resolve a variety of new and routine issues.
• Applies basic judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action when analyzing situations or data.
• Communicates to obtain or exchange detailed information, requiring some explanation or interpretation.
• Resolves intermediate/day-to-day/ common customer service issues.
• Some interaction with customers external to JPL.
• Participates on teams within own organization; may participate on a team outside own organization.
Required Skills: Typically requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Associates degree with a minimum of 1 year of related experience; related required training. Must have exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability and willingness to display professionalism and excellent customer service behavior. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, set priorities, work well with other team members and management, and work effectively in a dynamic environment with regular interruptions. Solid understanding of general job aspects including in the secretarial profession. Broad understanding in: office operations and procedures. Thorough understanding of MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook and applies knowledge and skills in these areas. Solid understanding of applicable policies, procedures, and practices in travel. Ability to effectively work independently. Excellent written and oral communications.
Desired Skills: Excellent secretarial skills with some JPL experience. Excellent computer skills. Knowledge of JPL/ESD policies and procedures. Experience with JPL foreign and domestic travel processes and requirements; experience utilizing a Docushare library. Good problem solving skills.
If you'd like to discover new worlds with our innovative team and enjoy a competitive salary and impressive benefits with the renowned leader in space exploration, apply now!
If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer devoted to work force diversity.