Provides administrative support to department manager or staff. Performs a variety of routine administrative duties that have set procedures or precedents; some assignments may be complex. Requires instructions to perform special assignments.
• Maintains manager/executives and department calendars.
• Arranges meetings, conferences and travel itineraries.
• Orchestrates and organizes project meetings.
• Schedules and materials such as agendas, timeliness, reports, and presentations.
• Screens telephone calls/visitors and refers to appropriate staff member.
• Determines which requests should be referred to others.
• May provide information to top level management, Board Members, etc.
• Responds to internal and external requests for information relating to established departmental policies and procedures.
• Interprets policies and procedures in response to inquiries.
• Reviews/screens manager/executives mail, researches issues, and provides recommendations.
• Performs data input and maintains established databases.
• May collect and research information or data needed by manager or staff.
• Maintains confidential department files and records.
• May provide training/direction to other non-exempt personnel.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Various positions are under review w/ a joint Management/Union review committee for appropriate Union/Non-Union status and this position may be considered a union position or may be converted to a union position at some time in the future. Should this position be determined to be union, it returns to the bargaining unit in accordance w/ the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Four (4) plus years of experience in performing administrative support functions for department managers.
• High School or General Education diploma.
• Strong proficiency w/ MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes.
• Well organized and detail oriented.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to merge documents and summarize information.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Kaiser Permanente - 14 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...