Staff Assistant – School of Education - Full-time position available in the School of Education. The Staff Assistant reports to the Dean, School of Education.
• Maintain semester timelines for Continuous Assessment Process
• Schedule, complete correspondence, maintain data and prepare records for Gates 1,2,3, and 4 interviews
• Provide reports for each of the Gate processes
• Maintain and complete a variety of annual unit, state and federal reports (e.g., EPSB data, PEDS reports, candidate admissions data, etc.)
• Create and maintain a variety of databases for pre-education and education candidates
• Prepare documents for candidate student teaching and cooperating teacher assignments and timelines/schedules
• Assist faculty in the analysis and dissemination of candidate specific data
• Assist Dean, Department Chairs and faculty with communication and correspondence
• Prepare forms for SOE faculty contracts requests under the supervision of the Dean, School of Education
• Take minutes at departmental meetings and retreats
• Process course evaluations
• Serve as receptionist for the office and assist with unit events/meetings
• Supervise clerical staff
• Maintain Office Manual
• Make room reservations for Reasoner Hall
• Maintain email/mailing lists
• Accept other duties as assigned
Experience and Training: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Five years clerical experience is necessary. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products and strong data processing skills are essential. Demonstrates a willingness to learn and maintain professionalism. Excellent communication and customer service skills required. Demonstrates the ability to handle complex situations. A committed and dynamic Christian faith is vital along with the ability to support the University’s theological position, lifestyle standards and mission.
To apply please submit a signed employment application and resume to the Human Resources office.
Posted: 10/02/2013 Deadline: Until filled
Asbury University - 17 months ago