Staff Assistant-Campus Ministries/Chapel and Student Development - Full-time position available in Student Development. The Staff Assistant reports to the Associate Dean for Campus Ministries/Campus Chaplain, and will work in cooperation with the Student Development Cabinet in balancing workload.
• Performing basic clerical and secretarial assistance including: receiving phone calls and scheduling appointments; typing reports & organizing materials for the offices; handling routine business matters with other departments or outside the institution
• Serves as a receptionist by receiving visitors to Fletcher-Early and assisting them with finding answers related to Chapel, Res Life, and other Student Development or campus offices
• Collects summarizes data related to annual reports
• Provides a high level of support for the Student Development website including internal assistance with graphic design
• Coordinates drivers for airport and medical visits
• Coordinates off-campus housing assignments (i.e. married students), and assist Res Life when needed with occupancy management
• Compiles data, makes copies, collects staff hiring applications
• Provides oversight of purchasing for office
• Supervises and trains other clerical helpers and student workers who assist in duties for Fletcher Early offices and Student Development programs.
Campus Ministries/Chapel office
• Coordinates chapel attendance tracking process
• Supervises, trains, and schedules chapel checkers & attendance assistant
• Provides reports for Early Alert Committee
• Communication related to scheduling & hosting chapel speakers
• Mails chapel contracts and copies chapel schedule
• Supports OutReach and InReach ministries as needed.
Accepts other duties as assigned.
Education and Preferred Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required. Training as an administrative professional or the equivalent college experience with 2 to 3 years’ office experience. Word processing, spreadsheet, database, or other data processing skills (i.e. Excel) are vital. Experience updating websites, Powerpoint and desktop publishing are essential. Outstanding customer service and hospitality skills needed for students, families, and visitors.
To apply please submit signed employment application and resume to the Human Resources Office.
Posted: 7/30/2013 Deadline: Until filled