Empire State College seeks a Data Warehouse Developer for the design, development and management of a data warehouse environment used for analytics and reporting.
The selected incumbent will be responsible for:
• Working closely with the Director of business Analytics, and internal stakeholders across the organization to design and develop reports and analytics capability.
• Working with the data management team to identify and resolve data issues through configuration of data cleansing and de-duplication software.
• Managing the database aspects of the reporting and analytics platform(s) to ensure that reporting jobs are successfully run and analytics data aligns to timeliness / completeness requirements.
• Ensuring that the data warehouse is tuned for optimal performance.
• Working with business analysts, research analysts and project managers to develop and refine reporting and analytics requirements.
• A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• At least three years experience working on database technology used for business intelligence and/or analytics.
• At least two years experience administering a reporting database.
• At least five years experience working with structured query language; preferably transact SQL (TSQL).
• Experience with analyzing complex requirements for data warehousing projects.
• Experience in working with both Agile/RAD methodologies.
• Experience in creating / maintaining as-built documentation owned jointly across a team.
• At least two years experience working as a database developer to ensure reporting data sources are optimally tuned for reporting.
• Experience in programming using objects (OOP)
• Master’s degree in appropriate discipline with at least five years of progressively responsible data warehouse development experience.
• Familiarity with Higher Education Institutional Data.
• Experience in Data Vault or hybrid Kimball/Inman designs.
• Experience with Master Data standards including agile Master Data Management.
• Experience with Datatel/UniData student information system.
• Experience with Microsoft business intelligence stack.
• Experience with Wherescape RED.
• Experience with Welland Export.
Occasional travel and weekend hours will be required.
Rank/Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Applications Due By: April 26, 2013.
The college actively seeks to build a culturally diverse faculty and staff and offers multicultural learning and work environments. Empire State College supports all efforts to enrich our community through a steadfast commitment to excellence through diversity. Empire State College is an AA/EEO/IRCA/ADA employer.
SUNY EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER AT (518) 587-2100. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Empire State College - 2 years ago