Empire State College, State University of New York, seeks an experienced professional employee to serve as Coordinator of Stewardship and Donor Relations. The Coordinator of Stewardship and Donor Relations’ primary responsibility is to ensure appropriate recognition and engagement of all donors to SUNY Empire State College.
Empire State College enjoys a distinctive mission (we are “SUNY for adults”), employs a powerful mentoring model as our dominant teaching mode, and is engaged in a number of exciting program initiatives. The college is the largest provider of distance/online learning within New York State. Our 35 locations across New York State are available to our 20,000 students who increasingly choose a blend of on-site and online learning. The college currently boasts a family of 66,000 alumni.
- Coordinate a comprehensive stewardship program that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels.
- Create acknowledgments and communications, publicity about significant gifts and regular reports to donors on the use of their funds.
- Develop and regularly update templates for all standard acknowledgment letters, write personalized acknowledgments and pledge reminders for significant gifts.
- Oversee the Empire State College Foundation Scholarship program, working with Student Financial Services to ensure appropriate and timely awards, and managing communications with donors about their recipients.
- Manage all stewardship publications, ensuring good taste and design, readability, and impactful messaging.
- In collaboration with development staff, manage stewardship communications for the college’s planned giving and leadership giving societies.
- Alert development staff of potential stewardship opportunities, including significant regional or college wide news and noteworthy accomplishments or significant events in donors’ lives.
- Ensure the college maintains a high level of transparency and accountability by providing regular updates on the status of endowment donors’ philanthropic investments.
- Write all stewardship related communications for the college president.
Empire State College provides a challenging but congenial working environment. We place a high premium on collaboration, creativity and personal accountability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Professional experience working in a higher education, a nonprofit organization, association or corporate setting.
- Exemplary writing, editing and communications skills. Writing samples required.
- Personal strengths must include outstanding interpersonal communication skills, professional demeanor, creativity, strategic thinking, strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- A strong sense of ethics and discretion in handling confidential donor information.
- Strong computer skills.
Special Information (i.e., weekend hours, travel, etc.):
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Professional experience in stewardship and/or fundraising.
- Experience in working with information management databases.
The position is based in Saratoga Springs, NY. Travel is required within New York State, as well as infrequent national travel.
Rank/Salary: $40,000-$55,000 (with extensive stewardship experience).
Applications Due By: Review of resumes begins October 19, 2012
The college actively seeks to build a culturally diverse faculty and staff and offers multicultural learning and work environments. Empire State College supports all efforts to enrich our community through a steadfast commitment to excellence through diversity. Empire State College is an AA/EEO/IRCA/ADA employer.
SUNY EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER AT (518) 587-2100. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Empire State College - 23 months ago