Convergent Revenue Cycle Management Inc (formerly AHC Inc), a company which specializes in health care reimbursements, is interviewing for Staff Attorney/Staff Associate in its Problem Claims Department at our Gainesville, VA office.
Staff Attorney/Staff Associate's duties will include:
Staff Attorneys/Staff Associates work a caseload of accounts and report directly to a Senior Attorney or Supervisor. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): working a caseload, contacting insurance companies to appeal wrongfully denied or underpaid insurance claims, utilizing federal and state laws and statutes to resolve claims, settlement negotiations, identifying client/payer issues, and maintaining a working knowledge of assigned clients, states, and insurers. The work is transactional in nature; there is no litigation involved.
- Contact insurance companies, employer and/or patients depending on client by phone, mail or fax to resolve claims
- Submit bills, with or without medical records, to insurance companies by electronic, mail or fax
- Group accounts by payer and submit for claim status inquires
- Search internet databases for information on insurance company, employer and patient when applicable
- Review accounts to verify if the correct payment amounts were made by the payers and if additional payment should be pursued
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Candidate must have a J.D. and should possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills. Candidates must also have excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in Word and Excel is required. Hiring is contingent on successful Background Check and Drug Screening.
Convergent, Inc - 2 years ago