Looking for great system software engineers …. New, highly innovative, Disruptive Technology, Primary Storage.
Huawei USA based in Santa Clara, CA is starting a brand new project (called PARS) to develop a novel and disruptive product for the future data center. This opportunity is a ground up start up opportunity within a larger company. We are looking for engineers who have mastered their art and are looking to work on game changing technology that will significantly impact the design and deployment of data centers in the future. Specifically, we’re focused on innovating at the data storage and management layer and tightly integrating with the compute/network tiers.
We are seeking experienced Software Engineers to design and develop critical components of a distributed, shared-nothing storage platform. Development will take place in Santa Clara at our local facility in California. The ideal candidates will have expert knowledge of block storage, io subsystems, and filesystem internals with strong understanding of operating systems and virtualization technologies.
Helpful prior experience or background in:
- Distributed systems (block, filesystem, object stores)
- Data deduplication
- RAID and/or erasure coding based data redundancy
- Virtualization and Hypervisor expertise
- Memory management, locking,
- Multi-threaded programming on multi-core systems
- SSD optimizations
- C or C++ development
- Debugging, diagnostics, performance analysis in a distributed system
- Writing unit tests, stress tests in an integrated automated development environment
- Linux OS and administration
- VMware / KVM familiarity
- Rapid prototyping
- Team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- For architects: Demonstrated record of system design and mentoring software engineers
Huawei - 12 months ago
Huawei Investment Holding knows the importance of good connections. One of China's leading manufacturers of telecommunications...