Posting Title |
Staff Engineer - Networking and Security
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers.
Why work for our Division
VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
The vCloud Networking and Security R&D team is looking for talented developers who share our passion for innovation and excellence in networking and security virtualization. The team is responsible for a suite of solutions that addresses networking and security concerns such as software defined networking, embedded firewalls and service insertion in the virtual and cloud environments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design, implementation, documentation of system architecture initiatives, full product development life cycles and work through management plane, control plane and data plane integration activities.
- Work with the partners and help them integrate their solutions with the VMware networking and security solutions.
- Collaborate with project team members and cross functional product teams to execute product goals.
- Push the envelope in adopting new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best.
- Innovate and coach others to innovate.
- Provide technical leadership to other team members and be a team player.
- Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on performance, scalability and future expansion.
- Formal degree in computer science or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in developing distributed, multi-tier enterprise applications.
- Fully participated as a technical lead in several major product development cycles.
- Solid background in C/C++.
- Deep working knowledge of networking and Operating System concepts.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages like perl, python and shell scripts.
- Virtualization technologies, centralized networking, security experience will be a big plus.
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills.
Palo Alto, CA, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position?
VMware - 2 years ago
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...