Posting Title Staff Engineer- Cloud Services About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today! Job Description The Engineering organization is seeking an energetic, self-organized and experienced Staff. MTS engineer. We are looking for a a highly motivated and seasoned Scala or Java server technology developer, to help design and develop backend components and services for our highly automated and distributed cloud services platform.
- Contribute to architecture, design, and implementation of software to provide scalable cloud services.
- Provide technical leadership and contribute hands-on effort to design solutions to complex problems with backend technologies (Scala, Akka, Spring, Web frameworks, Databases, Messaging) that need to scale horizontally.
- Mentor and coach backend engineers and seek opportunity to bring in continuous improvements in team in design methodology and solving problems using leading edge tools/frameworks.
- Work closely with project team members (product manager, scrum masters, developers) to get features implemented in an agile environment end-end.
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment.
- 10+ years of industry experience in building multi-tier, scalable software applications that are horizontally scalable and distributed.
- Solid architecture, design, programming experience working with application frameworks for Scala, Akka 2.0, Spray, Play framework, SLICK, memcached.
- Familiar with implementing and using some combination of the following technologies: Messaging (eventsourced, RabbitMQ), databases (Postgres, Cassandra), Web Services (SOAP, REST APIs).
- Experience or familiarity with data modeling of complex software and using tools like SQL power architect, TOAD or other data modeling tools.
- Prior working experience in utility computing and/or cloud computing domain will be a big plus.
- Experience leading projects from development through QA, integration/performance testing, Staging and Production environments.
- Experience driving development teams with Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development.
- Excellent presentation, interaction and communication skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively across functional organizations.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science and minimum of 8+ years of software development experience is required. Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No Requisition Number 40716BR EEO Statement VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment. Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware - 17 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...