"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Provides assistance to medical doctors. Assesses, develops, and implements, and evaluates a plan of nursing care for patients in an assigned area.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1) Assistance to medical doctors with routine office/surgical procedures performed under anesthesia, interview new patients, takes blood pressure readings, records vital statistics, and administers drugs and treatment;
2) Scheduling of staff and faciilities;
3) Provides patient education and counseling on issues such as pre-op and post-op care;
4) Must be able to respond to emergency situations; make decisions on emergency situations and may administer CPR and/or other first aid measures;
5) Referral of patients to other health care professionals or agencies;
6) Coordinates upkeep of patient charts, types reports, makes telephone calls and schedules appointments for patient visits and payment collection;
7) Schedules operations at hospitals including admissions procedures, use of operating room, x-rays, lab requirements, and special test for patients;
8) Stocks and maintains necessary medical and clerical supplies for the clinic. Prepares purchase requisitions of new equipment and follows up on delivery. Keeps equipment in sterile and working order for physicians;
9) May provide direction to the other clinical personnel to ensure that proper procedures are followed;
10) Demonstrates various procedures and techniques to LVNs in order to ensure delivery of proper patient care.
Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited nursing school or an Associate's degree in nursing from an
accredited nursing school or diploma nurses. No experience required. Current Registered Nurse Texas License required and CPR certified.
This posting is for Bellaire Multi-Specialty (West-Loop) Clinic
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...