UTHealth - UTHSC @ Houston "Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins".
Responsible for assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating a plan of nursing care for patients in an assigned area. May be responsible for the administration of the clinic or unit.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
This postion is for the nursing assessment center. The incumbent will be responsible for assessing voluntary and involuntary patients.
1. Assists doctors in the delivery of patient care in order to ensure quality service. Utilizing the nursing process, the nurse plans, coordinates and evaluates care for a diverse patient population.
2. Ensures the efficient operation of the dept. by proper scheduling and planning for optimum use of staff and facilities. Provides patient education and counseling on mental health issues.
3. Makes referrals to other agencies or health care professionals for other services where indicated.
4. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
5. May compile daily or monthly reports.
6. May provide direction and supervision to other clinical personnel to ensure that proper procedures are followed. Demonstrates various procedures and techniques to nursing personnel in order to ensure delivery of proper patient care.
7. Assess and responds to emergency situations. May administer CPR and/or other first aid measures.
Bachelor degree in nursing from an accredited nursing school with a minimum of one year nursing experience; OR Associate degree in nursing from an accredited nursing school with a minimum of three years nursing experience; OR Nursing Diploma (3 year program) and a minimum of two years nursing experience; OR will accept ADN with two years experience at HCPC as a Staff Nurse I. Current state of Texas Registered Nurse licensure.
Bilingual spanish speaking candidate preferred
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard