ACLS- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
BLS- Basic Life Support
PALS- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
POSITION SUMMARY :
This position is responsible for the Pre-Operative and PACU nurse utilizes the nursing process to identify patient needs for continuous assessment in the Pre-Operative and PACU departments. The RN will document and evaluate the effectiveness of nursing actions and ensure a safe environment of care. The PACU nurse is responsible and accountable for working with other departments to ensure continuity of care.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Implements and documents the Nursing Process for population specific patient care delivery to include the complex patient/family.
- May function as Provider or RN-M based upon completion of competencies.
- Participates in performance improvement/research activities.
- Participates in activities that promote improvement of patient care/patient satisfaction.
- Expands/shares knowledge of nursing practice.
- Functions as an active team member and demonstrates leadership qualities.
- Demonstrates and enhances professional growth and development, maintains and enhances clinical competency. Remains current in nursing practices
- Experience with patient safety best practices preferred. Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information Demonstrated proficient communication skills. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
- Completion of education to obtain Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience of Pre-OP and/or PACU hospital experience required
- Registered Nurse (RN) with Texas Board of Nursing – OR – current home state license is required for multi-state license recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact
- BLS required
Seton Healthcare Family - 14 months ago