ACLS- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
BLS- Basic Life Support
RN in the State of TX Required
1 year of hospital experience required
POSITION SUMMARY :
This position is a Registered Nurse scheduled to work on an “as-needed” basis with demonstrated competencies in one nursing service area, with a minimum of one (1) year current clinical experience in acute care setting with comparable patient populations.
A PSP Associate must complete the appropriate orientation process within thirty (30) days of his/her start date as an PSP.
Weekend Hours - For the purpose of this policy/procedure only, “weekend hours” are defined as hours scheduled between the timeframes starting at 7:00 p.m. on Friday and ending at 7:00 a.m. on Monday.
Service Areas - The following areas are considered nursing service areas:
Surgical Services: Post Acute Care Unit (PACU), Operating Room (OR), Pre-Operative (Pre-Op)
PSP RN’s may have scheduled shifts cancelled, subject to patient care requirements; scheduled hours are not guaranteed.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Required to work a minimum of 48 hours per four-week period with 12 hours categorized as weekend hours in their home unit.
· Required to work one major holiday per year (winter: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year). This holiday must be scheduled on the Associate’s home unit.
· Required to have at least a minimum of one year of hospital experience in specified unit.
· They will provide planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation.
· This person will develop a nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary.
· This person will communicate changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate.
· Participates in discharge planning process.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Experience with patient safety best practices preferred.
Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated proficient communication skills.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
· Completion of education to obtain Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
· Minimum of one (1) year of hospital setting experience, in specific service units, required.
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
· Registered Nurse (RN) with Texas Board of Nursing – OR – current home state license is required for multi-state license recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact
· BLS required
Seton Healthcare Family - 22 months ago