BLS- Basic Life Support
RN in the State of TX Required
1 year of hospital experience required
POSITION SUMMARY :
This position is a Registered Nurse scheduled to work on an “as-needed” basis with demonstrated competencies in the Intensive Care Unit service area, with a minimum of one (1) year current clinical experience in acute care setting with comparable patient populations.
An PSP Associate must complete the appropriate orientation process within thirty (30) days of his/her start date as an PSP.
Weekend Hours - For the purpose of this policy/procedure only, “weekend hours” are defined as hours scheduled between the timeframes starting at 7:00 p.m. on Friday and ending at 7:00 a.m. on Monday.
Service Areas - Intensive Care Unit/Intermediate Care Unit (ICU/IMU)
PSP RN’s may have scheduled shifts cancelled, subject to patient care requirements; scheduled hours are not guaranteed.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Required to work a minimum of 48 hours per four-week period with 12 hours categorized as weekend hours in their home unit.
· Required to work one major holiday per year (winter: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year). This holiday must be scheduled on the Associate’s home unit.
· Required to have at least a minimum of one year of hospital experience in specified unit.
· They will provide planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation.
· This person will develop a nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary.
· This person will communicate changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate.
· Participates in discharge planning process.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Experience with patient safety best practices preferred.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated proficient communication skills.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
· Completion of education to obtain Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
· Minimum of one (1) year of ICU experience required.
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
· Registered Nurse (RN) with Texas Board of Nursing – OR – current home state license is required for multi-state license recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact
· BLS required
Seton Healthcare Family - 13 months ago