Founded in 1944, MRIGlobal is an independent, not-for-profit organization that performs contract research, technical consulting, and other services for clients in business, industry and government. MRIGlobal currently has the need for an experienced Staff Scientist in our Medical Countermeasures Division, Global Health & Security Operations.
The Staff Scientist (Microbiology or Bacteriology) will provide technical project leadership and technical guidance to junior staff while pursuing new business opportunities. The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Serve as the Subject Mater Expert (SME) for microbiology and bacteriology.
- Routinely perform select agent work within BSL-3 laboratory while adhering to strict safety and procedural protocols in compliance with FDA’s Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) guidelines.
- Develop standardized procedures for preparing and characterizing Category A-C agents for in vivo exposures.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to ensure the group meets and achieves project milestones.
- Provides leadership and training to technical staff on procedures and instrumentation.
- Responsible for writing, reviewing and following facility methods and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct data analysis and review data for accuracy and completeness. Perform peer review of data and reports.
- Co- authoring proposals and technical reports.
- Support proposal efforts by providing project cost estimates as well as technical expertise.
- Ph.D. in Microbiology (or equivalent); or
- M.S. in Microbiology (or equivalent) plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience; or
- B.S. in Microbiology (or equivalent) plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in BSL-3 laboratories with a wide range of pathogens testing the efficacy of MCM’s for Category A-C biological agents.
- Knowledge of large scale production techniques of pathogenic organisms in support of biological agent exposure models.
- Fluent in CDC Select Agent regulations and Department of the Army Personnel Reliability Programs.
- Experience working in 21 CFR Part 58 (GLP) laboratory environments.
- Experience validating, operating and maintaining equipment (e.g. fermenter) within the BSL-3 laboratory.
- Experience with the contract research business, federal regulations, proposal writing, project management, and instrumentation is desired.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient PC skills and ability to learn new software and systems.
- Leadership abilities with strong problem solving aptitude.
- Ability to effectively communicate expectations, assess client needs, gain acceptance of an idea/plan/activity/product, and interact with technical staff at all levels in a team-based environment.
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish a specific project or goal; plans proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources; determines schedule of events; communicates expectations about tasks and deadlines; develops contingency plans.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Well organized and methodical, yet flexible in adjusting priorities, and able to take risks to accomplish goals.
- Ability to organize activities and focus on priority goals and problem areas.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. In order to meet the government security investigation requirements, U.S. citizenship is a prerequisite.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA, E-Verify employer, M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background investigations.
MRIGlobal - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...