Duties and Responsibilities:
Take ownership and lead the design, development and refactoring of large-scale data processing and curation pipeline, including normalization, geocoding and deduping, for the points of interest backend at Telenav.
Architect and design scalable and performant system for batch and realtime processing of large-scale POI data, evaluate and develop infrastructure and algorithmic strategies, and internal/external integrations for the POI backend using distributed NoSQL technologies.
Provide technical thought leadership to the team and act as a mentor to junior engineers.
Engage and influence Product Management to specify the best product within engineering constraints. Use superior product focus and insight to make effective decisions in the face of unclear requirements.
Lead the entire life cycle from concept, prototype, 3rd party product evaluation/integration, propose infrastructure strategies, architecture, design and implementation of a performance-oriented, scalable and maintainable TeleNav Content Processing and large scale data processing pipeline to improve TeleNav infrastructure scalability.
Collaborate with team to refine and prioritize new requirements, collaborate with QA to review and enhance test coverage, collaborate within the team and work closely with developers and architects to define interfaces and integration points.
Refine business/internal requirements into technical requirements - understand and communicate those effectively.
Drive excellence and task delivery by leveraging Agile concepts with local and offshore teams to deliver projects on schedule.
Code daily using excellent coding habits, produce quality design documents, disciplined unit/integration testing and cultish commitment to code- and process- quality, thereby leading developers by example.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computers Science or related field, MS or PhD preferred.
- Proficiency in data structures and distributed algorithms design.
- 10+ years of direct hands-on experience in Java or C++
- 5+ years working knowledge of architecture and design skills - OO analysis, design patterns in a horizontally distributed Linux-based production environment.
- Experience with workflow application, Hadoop, MapReduce, cloud / grid computing.
- Exceptional experience with architecture for multi-threaded, high volume, large scale real-time systems.
- Proficient database skills including schema and query design and persistence/ORM frameworks
- Superior disciplined coding skills – Java/C++ expert level, ability to produce production ready code with minimal supervision.
- Superior skills in data structures and distributed algorithms design.
- Passionate about algorithms, problem solving and coding.
- Highly motivated, energetic and outstanding leadership, interpersonal, communication, influence and negotiation skills and a no-whining attitude.
- Integrity in work and respect for everyone.
- Languages: Java or C++
- Technologies: Hadoop, Cascading, Tomcat, J2EE and related technologies.
- Databases: MySQL, HBase, Cassandra
- Knowledge of source control systems like CVS and/or Clearcase, preferably SVN
- Build tools: Ant, Maven
- IDE Tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans
- Experience with search engine, information retrieval and data mining.
- Experience with large scale data processing.
- Experience/comfort working with China offshore team.
Telenav is a leader in personalized navigation. More than 34 million* people worldwide already connect with our services from mobile phones, tablets, computers, cars, and developer applications. Our personalized navigation services help people make faster and smarter daily decisions about where to go, when to leave, how to get there, and what to do when they arrive. Telenav GPS is a leading navigation app in the iTunes store and at CES 2012 Telenav announced Scout™, the first daily personal navigator that is accessible on the Web at www.scout.me , on smartphones, and very soon in cars. Our partners are wireless carriers, automobile manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), app developers, advertisers and agencies, as well as enterprises large and small.
At TeleNav our employees are our greatest asset! The company has thoughtfully designed a competitive and comprehensive benefit program to protect employees and their family members.
- Paying subscribers as of September 30, 2012
TeleNav is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits packages including Health/Dental/Vision, 401K with company match, FSA, Group Life, LTD, Health Club Reimbursement and more. Please learn more about TeleNav at www.telenav.com.
Telenav - 15 months ago
Our mission is simple: help make people’s lives less stressful, more productive and more fun when they are on the go. Our personalized...