Prepares and processes tax returns/reports for MMO and subsidiaries including posting and entering tax ledger information, preparing tax deposit/payment requisitions and other related activities, including filing of online returns with taxing authorities. Collects and consolidates data from various MMO departments and subsidiaries required to complete federal, state and local tax return preparation and related tax analysis.
• Collects, audits, and consolidates data from various MMO departments and subsidiaries required to prepare and file a variety of federal, state and local tax returns.
• Assists in and/or prepares account analysis of routine items to support various tax adjustments/reconciliations, researches discrepancies and refers unusual situations to Manager.
• Prepares various information reporting tax materials including B notice and Form 1099 materials.
• Assists with federal income tax preparation, including footing, reviewing, cross-checking, and assembling return.
• Coordinates the process of filing and remitting payment to various states for health care tax surcharges, including keeping current on tax law changes and working with IT to update systems requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
• One to three years progressive tax experience.
• Three to five years progressive tax experience preferred
• Demonstrated competency in business writing, math, and communication skills.
• Prior work experience in an accounting environment providing competency with financial information flows/procedures and accuracy/proficiency skills.
• Fundamental knowledge of financial information flow, recording and reporting.
• Demonstrated proficiency using personal computer, tax software, and online tax filing sites.
• Requires a detail oriented mindset with excellent math and organizational skills.
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with various MMO departments.
• Task oriented individual with proven experience handling various responsibilities through to completion and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Performs work in an office environment.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and tobacco testing.
Medical Mutual of Ohio is a not-for-profit managed care company that provides health insurance products and related services to some 1.6...