Identifies internal and external opportunities and partnering strategies for California Group Health Business.
Key responsibilities include:
· Provides direct professional support and staffing to executive management and leads the comprehensive strategic and annual planning for the business.
· Designs and executes all SBU/CCE management processes, oversees management calendar, coordinates the communication and implementation of key decisions, manages external stakeholder relations strategies and facilitates the decision making process across the management team.
· Conducts in-depth strategic research, provides analytical support including the analysis and synthesis of business and technical journals and government documents with a high attention to detail.
· Aptitude for translating complex, technical information into presentation-friendly formats including graphical displays to a wide variety of internal and external executive audiences.
· Analyzes, researches and develops complex materials and documents relating to health issues, business performance, market dynamic issues, operational issues, and general management issues.
· Leads the annual and strategic planning throughout the SBU/CCE for the business component, working with the CFO to integrate the business planning with the financial planning and coordinates efforts with the executive leadership team.
· Acts as the personal advisor and sounding board to the SBU/CCE executive management and triages work on an on-going basis.
· Management duties include hiring, training, coaching, counseling and evaluating performance of direct reports.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
BA/BS in related field required MBA preferred. 8+ years of management experience with significant large-scale project management, strategic planning and or consulting in the health care industry required. Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills, including relationship management, persuasion and negotiation skills required. Strategic thinker with broad & deep understanding of the health care industry required. Excellent written & oral communication skills, including presentation skills required. Excellent financial and analytical skills required – minimum 2 years finance experience required, preferably supporting business p&l management. Strong PC skills required. Strong planning and organizational skills required. Must be able to travel.
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
*Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
program can be found in My HR.
*WARNING: Please beware of phishing scams. Our company will never ask
you for bank account information when you are applying for a job.
Similar Job Postings
Medicare Growth Lead (M...
Business Change Advisor...
Staff VP Corporate Stra...
Business Development Co...
M & A Corp Development ...
WellPoint - 15 months ago
WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company is an...