The Water Division of ARCADIS is searching for a
Staff Water / Wastewater Engineer
, with 4 to 8 years’ experience, to work out of our Houston, TX office.
Primary focus for project work will be on water / wastewater plant design, construction documents and specifications, as well as construction oversight and administration. However, some projects may also include work on stormwater, distribution / collection systems design, pump / lift stations design and other construction activities. Ability to work on water and wastewater process design and modeling, bench and pilot scale treatability tests, hydraulic evaluation and design, is a plus.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Successful applicant will have a solid engineering background in investigations, studies, analysis, and designs of water/wastewater treatment plants, and may also have limited experience with stormwater, distribution / collection systems, and pumping / lift stations designs.
Should have demonstrated experience in the design of municipal water / wastewater plants, particularly with Process Mechanical Piping design, and the ability work with multi-disciplined teams on projects.
Will perform engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
Ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously is a requirement, as well as strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills being required.
Self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual must possess the initiative and ability to tackle new projects and other challenges regularly.
Will participate actively in the overall client management activities, under the direction of the Project Manager, so must have client facing skills.
Previous experience assisting Project Manager in the management of overall project budgets and schedules is a plus.
Applicant must possess excellent, clear and concise, verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and prepare written reports.
Minimum Years of Experience
4 to 8 years’ experience
Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field.
EIT or PE License
- Experience in water / wastewater plant design, investigation, and analysis, with the some construction administration/oversight experience.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Client facing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 5 years' experience.
- Master's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- PE License in TX or ability to take the exam within one year from date of hire.
- AutoCAD MEP, Revit or Navisworks experience.
- Experience with design delivery using BIM or other 3D application.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project or Primavera scheduling software.
- Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations is huge plus.
ARCADIS - 15 months ago
ARCADIS US is the US arm of Netherlands-based environmental and engineering services company ARCADIS. The company provides consulting,...