This position is located in Kearny Mesa.
10-hour shift; may be working 3:30 am – 10:00 pm, some weekends and holiday commitment is also required. Office is open from 3:00 am – 10:00 pm, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- One to two (1-2) years’ Acute Care hospital staffing experience is preferred
- Two (2) years’ of recent experience in a customer service oriented in a hospital setting required
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Candidate must have the ability to identify and solve problems and be able to quickly adapt and implement changes
- Have strong organizational skills with demonstrated independent ability to set priorities, handle deadline and manage conflicting demands with limited supervision; must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to communicate ideas issues clearly, concisely and accurately
The Staffing Assistant interacts with a variety of departments and is responsible for achieving accurate, timely and cost effective staffing to meet the needs of patients. Staffing Assistants attend a daily staffing meeting and work to fill all needs for staff by calling employees and booking registry. The program One Staff is primarily used by Staffing Assistants for scheduling needs and accurate data entry.
The Administrative Staffing Assistants department is responsible for staffing Sharp Memorial, Sharp Mary Birch and areas of Sharp Outpatient Pavilion. The department is a fast paced work environment that supports all levels of Sharp employees.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
- 2 years ago - save job
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...