GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Perform complex troubleshooting and lead maintenance or contractors in the repair of equipment including controls logic, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical failures in Stamping and Tooling Facility.
- Plan, layout, and install new systems and projects.
- Tooling and stamping technical support.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of issues that cause machine failures / downtime.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of coil processing equipment, including levelers, straighteners and servo feeders
- Ability to assist in reading electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics
- Ability to read tooling drawings
- Ability to assist and lead maintenance technicians in repairing and maintaining machines.
- Ability to read, understand and apply information contained in machine operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Minimum five years manufacturing experience in metal stamping.
- Technical degree, tooling apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
- Significant hands on experience in manufacturing equipment including specification and procurement of dies
- Extensive knowledge and experience in progressive dies and transfers.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment with both salaried and hourly personnel to meet the needs of the operators, the program and the business.
- Significant experience in manufacturing plant environment.
- Computer literate and skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Auto Cad and Outlook.
- Willing and able to travel if needed on a minimal basis
- Knowledge of how presses function and how to set them up
- Working knowledge of motor VFD’s and circuits.
- Understanding of OSHA and plant safety standards as they relate to presses and assure compliance.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Apply to job
- Experience with quick die change methods
- Experience with various measurement devices, such as caliper, micrometer, dial indicator and CMM.
- Understanding of how to establish and maintain a press shop preventive maintenance plan.
- Working knowledge of CAD software.
- Understanding of capacity analysis, OEE
- Drive cost reduction initiatives
- Understanding of sensing and controls
- Knowledge of mechanical properties of materials (metallurgy)
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 2 years ago
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...