THIS POSITION IS NOT FULL-TIME. We are looking for someone to work on an "as needed" basis.
Shall provide highly responsive operations and user maintenance support services for the purpose of identifying, documenting, and implementing proper repeatable processes and procedures to operate, sustain, and manage logistics software.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
Physical Requirements / Working Environment and Conditions
- Assist users in the operation of logistics software as well as in certification and validation of system data.
- Communicate rapidly with USA and Government personnel regarding software application issues and provide instructions to correct.
- Maintain government approved forms and records as each relate to logistics software.
- Provide installation of software and hardware, including new Army approved software version releases.
- Troubleshoot and resolve relational database problems and restore system files, fix corrupt files, rebuild data files, and maintain the security files.
- Maintain Windows server/operating system and perform light troubleshooting and maintenance of server hardware.
- Assist personnel in drafting Standard Operating Procedures and operating manuals.
- Provide telephonic help services to assist in resolving user problems and perform software troubleshooting.
- Perform light hardware maintenance to include printer setup, trouble-shooting and maintenance.
- Assist new users with system requirements and techniques.
- Provide monthly status reports as directed.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent research, organizational and time management skills able to prioritize tasks, manage a large number of multi-stage projects and complete them in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of professionals while at the same time working independently, with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented; productive without compromising quality.
- Update SAAS-MOD training support package as changes occur.
- Provide the latest information on Class V Distribution and SAAS-MOD configuration, hardware, and software.
Basic Requirements and Competencies:
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time as required by preparing and analyzing data, figures, computer terminals, etc.
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware & equipment.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: stooping, reaching, standing, walking, feeling, talking and hearing.
- Requires working in both internal and external environments subject to variation in temperature.
- Work is classified as sedentary with the requirements of exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Travel is 50% or greater and may require living in a foreign country to include a combat environment.
- High School/GED required (Associates/BA preferred but not a disqualifier).
- Three to five years experience in related field required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must remain current with new and changing functions of the SAAS-MOD system and shall train on new supply systems as SAAS-MOD is replaced or modified.
- Experience facilitating communications between a technical staff and a community of users.
- Communication: Promotes active listening with team members; Contributes appropriately to conversations; Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging
- Problem Solving: Understands how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects; Improves upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others
- Customer Orientation: Listens to customers, ensures commitments are met, sets appropriate customer expectations, and effectively responds to customer needs
- Must have or be able to obtain Secret Security clearance.
- SAAS-MOD Proficiency
- Logistics experience in the area r ground, aviation, missile, or calibration